Thursday, September 13, 2007

raat ka shauk hai..raat ki sondhi si khamoshi ka shauk hai

Should I make this post like most other b-school posts and inform you that we have google , microsoft, Mr Gopinath (of the Air Deccan fame) and Mckinsey all coming to campus in the next 2 days ?And that there is a clash of class n events and we dont know wht to do? Or that term 4 has been riddled with frantic resume preps, alums flying in for case workshops, AD Little creating a frenzy, and the club I am the President of , the Arts n Creativity club calling Julius Macwan and Ms Kalpana Lazmi? I could but then you would be reading all this neway in the zillion other blogs which all we b-schoolers, assuming the moral responsibility of educating the prospective interns find necessary to maintain. But who said I am assuming any such responsibility. Not that any of you prospects read this anyway.!! But for the two people who do, I am sure you would not be interested in the journal of my fourth term here at ISB. Or at the fact that I am totally , absolutely confused about the job I want to do, or the electives I want to take. That consulting, the dream job of the dreamy hopefuls does not seem to be something I would enjoy. Or that Mckinsey or BCG(ok this is in a voice hushed with reverence, thats the kind of aura these firms command here, Im just observing protocol btw), doesnt seem at all likely to even consider me:D..No you would not be interested.. Or would you? Then you would just be amused actually, chuckling and thinking to yourself , who asked her to rush to b-school when she wasnt even sure what she wanted to do? For everything in life you need to have a goal and a plan..you would murmur complacently and suggest that I better start introspecting and find out. Self awareness is after all ..essential. Is it?

I feel this entire goal concept is kind of overrated. I am tired of fending questions about what I want to major in, or the company I want to apply to, or the kind of job I see myself doing some 100 years down the line beacuse the fact is I DONT KNOW. And I dont want to know. Self awareness is just a depressing exercise and the only thing I am made aware of more acutely is the fact that I dont know. And I am happy not knowing. I am happy just learning stuff for the sake of learning( but I do know that I hate accounts), and working on my "socialite club" coz it interests me , and yes it is not a huge resume point and it maybe absolutely unrelated to whatever I finally decide to do with my life, but the fact is it makes me happy now.

And when was the last time we here at ISB did things just because we wanted to , without obsessing about whether it would help us in that dream shortlist?? I did that for some time myself. And I am not sure how much it helped and how happy I was doing it. But then you would say, hedonism is hardly what you came looking for... to ISB...

This would hardly be classified as hedonistic..Ok I think this post is just a fallout of the fact that there has been an overdose of people claiming they want to do such n such just coz it is a resume point..and this is my blog and my ranting space so bear with me..

I dont think it is wrong. I would most likely do the same myself. But there is a time when you need to sit back and maybe do something just coz u like to, study for a course, work on a bplan, organize an event just for the sake of the activity itself, and not wondering whether it would help you in anyway..and you would enjoy it much more....at least I think you would..but enough of this..the people here are amazing, brilliant, talented people and this is just because of the fact that we have too little time, too much to do, and too big a loan to pay off:-s

Neway I am currently crooning this song shauk hai, (film guru), its that ultimate warm doughnutty, candy flossed, hot chocolatey sweet song..u get tired of it soon, but is pleasant while it lasts..

"subah ki roshni

bezooban subah ki aur gungunati

roshni ka shauk hai"

It just going to be dark and the sky outside my room is a smooth silky velvety blue, right after the rains, the clouds form dark shadows but these are fast disappearing..

My room is at the end of the "student village" as they call it here and there is this deserted orange track running amidst the dark greenery. From the orange glow of the night lamps you can sometimes see the occasional stray dog but thats about it.

But if you just press your face to the glass pane, and just look out, the glassy eyed view of that scene (pun fully intended), and u think..well..what do you think....

55 comments:

LSP said...

some times introspection is a real pain cos it involves lots of complex ego factor indirectly .. when i've to decide on some thing .. i let my mind do the job in its natural way .. i inv myself in different things which i think i like (or think i am) and after a while i stop, look back to see which my mind had picked 3 out of 5 times! so far this has worked pretty good for me :-)

Vivek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love this post.....love yr attitude!!!

Anonymous said...

It's surprising how many bschools blogs tend to fizzle out when the initial euphoria dissipates. I have always thought it was because people just tend to get busy. Reading this post, i have realized it might have something to do with the i-dont-know phase which most people would find difficult to describe, or maybe they just dont want to come across as lacking focus.

Another observation... blogs that do not fizzle out are the ones which make for the best reading! Getting over this phase will be tough I am sure but I really hope you find something that you like. Remember Socrates who said 'Wisest is he who knows he does not know'!

Bapun said...

i found a professional touch in this post! may b this suits a B. school gurl, but still...

Life is nt all abt campus/placement/job.

Step ahead. Millions of things are waiting. And you will regret for not giving a eye on them!

Pi said...

hey.. this song from Guru.. raat ki saundhi si khamoshi.. do u have the song.. cause i was just watching the movie.. & really liked the song..but i dont have it in my guru folder..apparently it wasnt released with the audio cd.. if you do plz mail me at piyushm2009@email.iimcal.ac.in

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This blog post couldn't be written much better!
Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
He constantly kept preaching about this. I most certainly
will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he'll have a great read.

I appreciate you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online greater than 3 hours nowadays, yet I never discovered any fascinating article like yours.

It is lovely price enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you
probably did, the web shall be a lot more helpful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something that helped
me. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am truly pleassant to read
everthing at single place.

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome! I don't suppose I've truly read through a single thing like this before.
So nice to discover somebody with unique thoughts on this issue.
Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This
website is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with
some originality!

Anonymous said...

This is the right web site for anyone who would like to understand this topic.
You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).

You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject which has been discussed for years.
Excellent stuff, just great!

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new
scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with
helpful information to work on. You have done an impressive activity and our entire community will probably be thankful to
you.

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is magnificent i like reading your posts. Keep up the good
work! You recognize, lots of individuals are hunting round for this info, you can aid them
greatly.

Anonymous said...

I'll right away seize your rss feed as I can't find your e-mail subscription hyperlink
or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Kindly allow me recognise so that
I may subscribe. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness
of precious knowledge regarding unexpected feelings.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;
) I'm going to return once again since I bookmarked it.
Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide
others.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that
I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and
I hope you write again very soon!

Anonymous said...

Awesome article.

Anonymous said...

It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this web page, i am visiting this site
dailly and obtain pleasant facts from here daily.

Anonymous said...

I delight in, result in I found just what I was taking a
look for. You've ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless
you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Anonymous said...

Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the amazing spirit.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I check your new stuff like every week. Your
humoristic style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.
Im really impressed by it.
Hello there, You've performed a fantastic job.

I will certainly digg it and in my view suggest to my friends.
I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing on-line more than 3 hours today, yet I by no means found any interesting article
like yours. It is lovely price enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you did,
the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
This article posted at this website is in fact fastidious.

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the time and effort you put into your site and
detailed information you present. It's awesome to come
across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information. Excellent read!

I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I
clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted
to say excellent blog!

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than three hours today,
yet I never found any interesting article like yours.

It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the
internet will be much more useful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte
more on this topic? I'd be very grateful if
you could elaborate a little bit more. Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

My relatives always say that I am wasting my time here at net,
but I know I am getting experience daily by reading
such good articles or reviews.

Anonymous said...

Good post! We will be linking to this great post on our site.

Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I
was browsing on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible post and a
all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it
all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
keep up the awesome work.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your
blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed
and I hope you write again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi there friends, fastidious piece of writing and good arguments commented here,
I am really enjoying by these.

Anonymous said...

This is very fascinating, You are an excessively professional blogger.
I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more
of your great post. Additionally, I've shared your website
in my social networks

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece of writing is fastidious, my sister is analyzing these things,
thus I am going to convey her.

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my friend who shared with me on the topic of this site and at the moment this time I am
browsing this website and reading very informative articles at this place.

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, the contents present at this website are genuinely awesome
for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am genuinely impressed to read all at alone place.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to
check it out. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting
this to my followers! Great blog and superb design.

Anonymous said...

I love looking through an article that can make people think.
Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that's near to my heart... Many thanks!
Exactly where are your contact details though?

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or
blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.
Studying this info So i am satisfied to
convey that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what
I needed. I such a lot surely will make certain to don?t
forget this site and provides it a glance on a continuing basis.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This post couldn't be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him.

Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Whats up very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent ..
Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?
I am happy to seek out numerous useful info right here in the put up,
we need work out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing.
. . . . .

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This post could not be written any better!

Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him.
Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it
is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or tips.
Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read even more things about it!

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up plus the rest
of the website is really good.

Anonymous said...

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness for your submit is just
nice and that i can assume you are a professional on this subject.
Well together with your permission allow me to
clutch your RSS feed to stay up to date with approaching post.

Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the enjoyable work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, let alone the content!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
you are a great author. I will make sure
to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back at some point.
I want to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the easiest factor to
take into account of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as other
folks think about worries that they plainly don't
realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing with
no need side effect , other people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more.
Thank you